Anabasis Equity Fund I is a $10 million real estate private equity fund applying 25 years of experience in the acquisition, improvement, and disposition of off-market, value-add opportunities
Focused on the greater Jacksonville, FL area – a growing market with the all the attractiveness of Florida, a solid economy, and reasonable prices
The principals of Anabasis Equity Partners have a proven track record acquiring low-priced, off-market properties and efficiently improving and selling them
Anabasis Equity Fund I
Applying 25 years of experience and proprietary methodologies in the acquisition, improvement, and disposition of off-market, value-add opportunities in the Florida real estate market.
Anabasis Equity Partners’ principals have built an impressive record of success:
Utilizing their proprietary research and analysis methodologies
To acquire undervalued, off-market properties and
Increase the value and/or net operating income through
- strategic renovations,
- hands-on management, and
- operating efficiencies
Building on the success of the prior projects of its principals, AEP has launched Anabasis Equity Fund I:
Since 2010, the population of Florida –
has grown by more than 2.7 million residents, some 14.6%
making it home to over 21.5 million people
the 3rd most populous state after California and Texas
…and Florida remains one of the fastest growing regions in the U.S.
Over the last five years, Florida locales have accounted for nine of the top ten and 12 of the top twenty fastest growing locations in the United States:
Florida’s robust growth is projected to continue . . .
Between 2021 and 2026, Florida population growth is expected to average 309,867 net new residents per year (849 per day).
Florida is one of just eight states without a state-level personal income tax
The cost of living in Florida is about 2% below the national average
Companies are relocating to Florida, creating employment opportunities
. . . creating strong demand in the residential ownership and rental markets . . .
Over the past five years Florida home values have increased by nearly 69%; in 2021, median prices were up 23.9% year over year
Florida markets account for five of the top ten fastest-rising rental markets in the country, and Jacksonville is accelerating
While the rate of these increases will likely diminish.
There are many properties that have not adjusted to the market, and therefore contain untapped value that can be unlocked through strategic purchases and balanced improvements.
Mark Ocepek| Managing Partner
- Started his investment career in 1996 with Omni America Towers as a tower investment analyst and project manager
- After the company was sold, Mark developed Riverside Investment Partners, L.P., whose flagship investment was the world-class shooting and training facility of Shoot GTR in Gainesville, Florida
- Since GTR’s sale in 2021, Mark has led successful value-add investments in residential and commercial properties
Bryce Ocepek| Managing Partner
- An accomplished real estate investment professional
- His ability to seek out and acquire distressed residential, multifamily, and commercial properties, combined with his expertise in the marketplace, has been instrumental to Anabasis’ success
- A licensed Florida real estate broker, Bryce previously brokered the sale of some $15 million dollars of real estate including over 100 units in multifamily properties
James Stuber | Managing Partner
- Longtime member of the Florida Bar with extensive experience in business organization and operation, real estate transactions, and private equity fund administration, including the formation and operation of Riverside Investment Partners,L.P. and Shoot GTR
- Prior to founding his own practice, Jim was an associate attorney at the Washington, DC law firm of Hogan & Hartson (now Hogan Lovells)