Invest in an animated TV series based on the NEW-GEN comic books distributed by Marvel
Twin brothers SEAN and CHRIS seem like ordinary teenagers but discover they are actually NANOTECH-ENHANCED SUPERHEROES from NEW-GEN, a utopian dimension where nature and technology exist in perfect harmony. To fulfill their destiny as galactic rulers, the competitive brothers must learn to work in balance with each other as well as their spirited NEW-GEN guardian, CARMEN.
- A.P.N.G. is seeking $5-10 million to produce the animated TV series NEW-GEN currently in pre-production
- Based on the NEW-GEN comic book series distributed by Marvel and available on Marvel.com
- Founded and created by brothers Chris and J.D. Matonti along with Julia Coppola
- Brothers Finn Wolfhard (Stranger Things, It, It: Chapter Two, Ghostbusters: Afterlife) and Nick Wolfhard (The InBetween, The Last Kids on Earth) have been cast as the lead roles Sean and Chris. Anya Chalotra (The Witcher, The ABC Murders) has been cast as female lead Carmen. Please see feature in Variety
- NEW-GEN TV series has partnered with Jetpack Distribution, ranked by Kidscreen as a Top Ten Global distributor of kids shows three years in a row: 2017, 2018, 2019
- NEW-GEN TV series has partnered with Bardel Entertainment, an award-winning animation and production studio consisting of over 500 artists working on some of the most internationally beloved franchises (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teen Titans, Rick and Morty, The Dragon Prince)
- Brent Friedman – Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Halo 4, serves as showrunner/writer along with co-writer Eugene Son -Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Mark Hamill, Sci-Fi/ Star Wars Icon, voices the lead character Gabriel and talks NEW-GEN
- If you would like to learn more, please contact John Haltmaier – jhaltmaier@castleplacement / 973-699-7995 – as well as access the links above for the teaser and NDA
Julia Coppola ,
Chairman, Founder, Co-Creator and Executive Producer
Editor of the NEW-GEN comic book series and oversees the company’s public relations initiatives. As a former educator, will spearhead a NEW-GEN In-School Comic Book program to educate students across the US. Serves as executive producer on the upcoming NEW-GEN animated TV series. Served as chairman and financing partner to a former independent distribution company, Gabriel Film Group. Responsibilities included marketing and publicity oversight on such films as The Simian Line (Harry Connick Jr., Lynn Redgrave, William Hurt, Jamey Sheridan) and the multiple-award winning Bobby G. Can’t Swim. Executive produced the documentary Money Driven Medicine, which screened across the country, including a special screening for members of the US Congress. Recognized in Who’s Who Internationally in the field of entertainment and is a member of NY Women in Film and Television. BA, Sciences and Secondary Education: Notre Dame of Maryland University.
COO, Founder and Producer
Responsible for oversight of the company’s budget and strategic business development and capital raising. Began entertainment career as a music supervisor on the film Lethal Justice. Has produced, executive produced and raised capital for feature films and documentaries. Has worked with several acclaimed actors and musicians, including James Caan, Sean Young, Charlie Sheen, Dom Deluise, Debra Gibson and Mark Bryan from Hootie and the Blowfish. Produced the critically acclaimed Money Driven Medicine about America’s complicated and dysfunctional healthcare system with Oscar winner Alex Gibney (Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room, Taxi to the Dark Side, The Looming Tower). BA, Biology and Art History/Studio Art: Bucknell University.
J.D. Matonti ,
Founder, Director and Creator
Conceived the NEW-GEN Universe and created the vast array of superhero characters infused with Nanotech-Powers, creatures and robots. Plans to direct and storyboard the NEW-GEN TV series. Wrote and edited the six-issue comic book series NEW-GEN, as well as the five-issue series NEW-GEN: NEW DAWN, which is distributed by Marvel. Over 20 years of experience in all phases of production: story development, production, editing, writing, directing and producing. Has directed Mark Hamill (Star Wars) and Tony Oliver (Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers) in the NEW-GEN teaser animatic. Previously directed music videos for top recording artists and directed and produced several live action feature films. BS, Television, Radio and Film and BS, Marketing: Syracuse University.