Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technology
- Cascata Energy, LLC is seeking +/- $12 million of equity to fast track market launch of their combined clean energy and fresh water solutions.
- The Company’s patented, innovative Hydrogen Fuel Cell (HFC) technology is in its final steps towards the commercialization of mobile, modular and scalable units that will address critical needs for developing regions of the world (and beyond).
- Their platform combines the ability to produce water for human and animal consumption (in addition to irrigation water), while producing green electricity in close proximity to a community independent of large water distribution and power infrastructure. Highlights:
- ~$13mm has already been invested to develop their HFC technology
- Cascata also has patent pending enhancements that will address environmental issues associated with water desalination and the ocean’s plastic debris with increased efficiencies and low cost fuel source options
- Management has decades of experience in developing unique, scaleable solutions to pressing issues within the infrastructure and energy space
- Access to safe drinking water is a global issue. Nearly a billion people worldwide drink unsafe water
- Accessible fresh water makes up approximately 1% of all the water on earth
- Water shortages and scarcity are already a major issue in the U.S.
- Half of the world’s population is expected to face “water stress” conditions — defined as when the available amount of water is exceeded by demand — by 2030
- Unless more sustainable water management practices are adopted, by 2050, 45% of projected global GDP could be at risk, with as many as 50 nations expected to be involved in conflicts over water
- Small scale and distributed water production and purification are key solutions to minimizing and eliminating water stress conditions
- Natural gas is used as the fuel source for the fuel cells, warming up to 700C operating temperature
- The waste heat from the fuel cells is transferred to the distillation system
- Water is filtered and pumped into the distillation system where it is evaporated into steam. All pathogens are destroyed and all solids are left behind
- Steam condenses into water which is passed through carbon filters to remove any remaining organic compounds
- DC power produced by the fuel cells is collected in the control system and conditioned and inverted into 3 phase AC power
- Pure fresh water is ready for use
- Clean energy is available for use
Alan K. Forbes
President and CEO
Highly regarded energy industry veteran, executive, private investor, and entrepreneur. Leads the strategic direction and overall management of the company – 25+ year tenure in the energy industry. Has launched and grown more than a dozen energy-related ventures, including advanced power generation systems, Internet security technologies, an energy industry portal and monitoring and control systems.
Marshall T. Savage
VP Technology Development
Visionary and innovative thinker, has broad entrepreneurial experience in a variety of fields including energy development. Inventor of the Geothermic Fuel Cell and has primary technology development responsibility for the company, including ongoing patent applications, design refinement, and prototype development.
Over 20 years of experience in engineering, product development, commercialization and manufacturing. Background includes leadership of engineering teams and managing successful product development and new equipment design. Focus has always been to add value by putting together excellent teams for the design and manufacture of products resulting in high quality, performance and low costs that meet or exceed customer or project requirements.
VP Corporate Finance (acting CFO)
As a Managing Partner, CFO, controller and engineer, venture experience spans both public and private businesses, large and small, in North America, Europe and Asia including nine years in large multi-national accounting and consulting firms. Lifetime of venture work helped lead those organizations to innovate, transform and then drive performance. Has participated from conceptualization and planning through the implementation of well over 200 venture and other initiatives.