Equipment leasing company seeking $10-20 million of debt to grow its business

For more information please contact k.margolis@castleplacement.com

 

Industry

Financial Services

Company Type

Equipment

Location

Utah

Size

$10,000,000-$20,000,000

Investment Type

Debt

For important risk and disclaimer information, Click Here.

Click to view Investor Presentation and/or Schedule Management Call.

To Access DataRoom, click Download NDA.

Helping Great Companies Grow

Overview

  • Dedicated Funding, LLC provides equipment leasing solutions for businesses and other entities
  • Seeking $10-20 million of debt to fund the equipment portfolio and support new originations
    • capitalized with $2.5 million of management equity
    • flexible on size and structure with debt provider
  • Seeking funding for a range of credit quality, including A, B and C-rated credits
  • Debt provider can hold the leases or sell to other financial institutions, provided Dedicated can continue to originate new business
  • Transactions range from $10,000 to $250,000
  • Provides the market an experienced professional staff – not burdened by the weight of banking regulations
  • Led by Grant Finch, Kyle Winther and Drew Roberts
    • successfully managed equipment financing platforms through several business cycles
    • originated, underwritten and closed thousands of transactions
    • led equipment finance teams at several financial institutions
    • estimates that it has leased/financed approximately $10 billion of various types of equipment
dedicated overview
Helping Great Companies Grow

Opportunity

  • According to the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association (ELFA), in 2015 U.S. businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies invested an estimated $1.6 trillion in plant, equipment, and software
  • Approximately 67%, or $1.061 trillion, of that investment was financed through loans, leases, and lines of credit
  • ELFA reports that banks financed 55% of all equipment needs in the US, leaving 45% for non-bank financing opportunities
  • Dedicated’s target market – $10,000 to $250,000 – is underserved by the banks and has a total volume of $371 billion, representing 35% of the total US market for equipment financing
Helping Great Companies Grow

Solution/Strategy

  • Dedicated will use its deep relationships to market through four distribution channels designed to create diverse portfolios by geography, industry and asset type
    • bank referrals of potential customers that do not meet bank transaction size minimums
    • vendors/dealerships – provides steadiest stream of high quality opportunities and most value to Dedicated
    • strategic relationship with a Fintech provider of W/C loans
    • well-established, high quality brokers
  • Dedicated will originate, document, and then aggregate these transactions into portfolios for sale to banks and other funding sources
    • reduces default risk to Dedicated
    • portfolios will range in size from $5 million to $10 million
    • servicing rights may be retained
    • portfolios will be sold on a non-recourse basis
    • Dedicated expects to sell the first portfolio within 90 to 120 days of commencing operations, and every 30 to 90 days thereafter
  • Portfolio ramp-ups will require Dedicated to hold transactions three to four months before sale
    • 2% loan loss reserve will be created to protect against losses
Helping Great Companies Grow

Management

Grant Finch

Chief Executive Officer

(801) 474-3232

grant.finch@nbfcap.com

  • Founder and owner of NBF Capital, LLC
  • Vice President and Syndications Manager at Transportation Alliance Bank, Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, and First Security Leasing Company
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Management from University of Idaho

Andrew Roberts

Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer

(857) 206-6464

  • Managing Partner, Burton Roberts and Meredith, a bank consulting firm
  • CFO Concillium Group, an international tax planning firm
  • Vice President, Compliance and Operations, First Security Bank Trust and Capital Markets
  • B.A. Finance; Juris Doctorate

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

CONTACT US

Hi. We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Thanks, Ken

Ken Margolis | Managing Partner Castle Placement, LLC
1460 Broadway Street, Rte 400
New York, New York 10036
(212) 418-1188 | C: (516) 712-7784
kmargolis@castleplacement.com

Sending