- Grand Coast Capital Group, founded in 2013, is a national real estate lending and investment firm that provides creative debt financing to local operators/investors on a variety of real estate properties
- Seeking a $50+/- million debt facility to support its small balance commercial real estate lending platform
- Collateral on loans includes mixed-use, multi-family, and commercial properties
- Loan amounts: $200,000 to $5,000,000
- John DePalma leads this effort
- 25+ years of small balance real estate lending experience
- 3,500+ transactions and $2 billion of originations
- Average loan: $300,000+; 8%+ WAC; 70% LTV; and 686 guarantor FICO
- Founders have 40+ years of combined real estate investment experience totaling over $500 million in asset value – originated and funded 470+ loans in 30+ states totaling over $150 million in loans
The small balance commercial marketplace is currently underserved. Borrowers require lenders with speed, creativity, and flexibility. Banks and other lenders active in the space do not consistently meet borrowers’ needs
- Traditional financing institutions lack flexibility and speed
- Entrepreneurs and investors seek alternative to banks – seek longer term fixed and amortized loans with a streamlined process
- Bank loans take roughly 45 days to close, with a difficult loan approval process – buyers must request multiple extensions, and often fail to close
By providing speed, creativity, and flexibility to an inefficient, fragmented lending space, Grand Coast believes that their lending activity achieves strong risk-adjusted returns.
- Since inception in 2013, GC has successfully originated 470+ loans in 30+ states totaling over $150 million
- Strong understanding of small balance market – origination, underwriting, execution and exit
- Quick “in house” lending decisions
- Small balance loans up to $5 million on a national basis
- Bridge lending with rational underwriting and fast execution
- Bridge to permanent loan programs
- Rehab programs on unstabilized properties
- Multiple property programs (blanket loans)
- John DePalma brings 25+ years of small balance CRE lending experience
- Over 4,000 transactions and $2 billion in originations
$300,000+ avg loan size, 8%+ WAC; 68% LTV; 700 FICO score of guarantors
Vice President (Commercial Lending)
(857) 206-6464 X-118
- 25+ years of experience in commercial lending.
- Previously built the commercial platform at Equity One Commercial, a division of Banco Popular North America where he grew the operation from 1 employee in 3 states to 50 employees in 48+ states – closed over $2 billion dollars.
- Experience includes senior management, originations, risk management, portfolio management, underwriting, property valuation and capital markets.
- S. in Real Estate and Finance from Florida State University.
- Over ten years of experience in the real estate and investment sector – total real estate acquisition value in excess of $400 million.
- Prior to co-founding Grand Coast Capital Group, spent the last 3.5 years as a principal and Managing Partner at Triad Alpha Partners, where he focused on multi-family development and commercial investment.
- Previously, Regional Director of Acquisitions for a real estate private equity firm that acquired and managed net-leased properties across the country. Oversees and manages all aspects of the business.
- Masters in Finance from Suffolk University and BS from Vanderbilt University.