Fintech 100: KPMG and H2 Ventures issued the leading 50 established fintechs and the next 50 emerging stars
- Funding boom – The Fintech 100 companies have collectively raised in excess of US$10 billion.
- Fintech is now truly a global sector – The list is comprised of 40 US companies, 20 from EMEA, 18 from the UK and 22 from ASPAC.
- China fintech leads the world – Zhong An, a Chinese company, tops this year’s list, and there are 7 Chinese fintech companies on the list.
- Payments is most at risk of disruption – Fintech growth in payments, currencies and transactions sees this segment now representing 25% of the Fintech 100, a substantial uplift on last year.
- Insurance finds its fintech footing – The top two companies on the list are insurance fintechs (with 7 overall, compared to none last year).
- Shift from disruptors to enablers – There are 25 ‘enablers’ (i.e. service providers to financial institutions) on the list this year, compared to 7 last year.