Contact: Tina Vital, Managing Director
Cell (917) 432-8474
Audacity Venture Capital is a U.S.-based VC platform that will invest in U.S. and Indian companies. Seeking +/-$48 million equity (excluding $13.5 million committed and/or invested) to invest in early-stage and growth MediaTech companies.
- Fund deployment underway – first four portfolio investments in-process; ripe pipeline of researched prospects
- MediaTech companies with capital, domain expertise, and business scale-up – B2C and B2BHuge media and technology market – rapidly expanding worldwide
- Deep domain experience in media, combined with a successful track record of raising and managing large funds in the U.S. and India
HUGE GLOBAL MEDIATECH MARKET
Media and Entertainment – B2C
New Media Technologies – B2B
INDIA’S ECONOMY IS RAPIDLY EXPANDING – DRIVEN BY YOUNG / SKILLED IT
- India’s emerging economy is rapidly expanding – nominal GDP of $3.5 trillion in 2022, projected to climb to near $8.5 trillion by 2033 driven by a skilled and young technical workforce
- Massive Gen-Z population – 600 million under the age of 28
- 2nd largest internet user base worldwide
- High quality technology-based talent, available at relatively lower cost than most other countries
Audacity Venture Capital will identify U.S./India MediaTech companies at the inflection point of scale-up to benefit from revenue and cost arbitrage.
- MediaTech companies with capital, domain expertise, and business scale-up
- operator founders; clear path to profitability; and co-investment with large funds/capital allocators
- B2C – Creator Economy; Content Platforms; Gaming
- B2B – Media SaaS; Generative AI; AdTech and MarTech
- Audacity Venture Fund – Seed, Round A and B, alongside other tier-1 VC investors
Kabir Kochhar – Managing Partner and Founder
Over 17 years of MediaTech investment and fund advisory & management experience. In 2022, founded Audacity Ventures, Indio-U.S. cross-border media technology focused fund. General Partner, Anthill Ventures (India). Previously served as Founding Partner, Glitch Media Private Limited, A WPP Company (India); Founder and CEO, Mega Menu Online Private Limited (India); Producer and Partner, Fractal Media Private Limited (India); and Digital Media Strategist, Carat, Dentsu Aegis Network (U.S.). Early-stage investor and advisor for consumer startups (India). Advisor and investor, Transformative Learning Solutions Private Limited (India). Board Director and Investor, Nojoto (NJT Networks Private Limited). B.A. in Marketing and Finance, New York University – Leonard N. Stern School of Business. AISSSE, St. Columba’s School (New Delhi, India).
Rajesh Saggi – General Partner and U.S. Lead
Over 32 years investment and fund advisory & management experience. General Partner, Audacity Ventures (U.S.). Partner and Co-Founder, True Green Capital (Connecticut-based private equity on renewable energy); Speki Education (U.S.); RillaFi (U.S.); and Scholarful (U.S.). Previously, co-founded and exited several successful tech startups – such as Visient (U.S.); Moblty (U.S.; MediaTech); and Westwater (U.S.; capital markets advisory). Past CEO, Data Analytics (MediaTech). Began career at Goldman Sachs – Capital Markets Group (U.S.). MBA in Finance, Wake Forest University (U.S.). AISSSE, The Lawrence School (Sanawar).
Gaurav Verliani – Partner
Over 7 years of investment and fund advisory experience. Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants (India). Partner, Audacity Ventures (India). Senior Associate, Anthill Ventures (India). Previously served as Manager, family office of VM & Sons (India); Associate, Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP (India). National Winner 2019 – IIM-B Private Investment Challenge, ISB Public Equity Investment Challenge (India). M.com in Accounting and Finance, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai). B.A. in Finance and Strategy, India School of Business (India).
Minal Shah – Vice President
Over 18 years of investment and fund advisory experience. Vice President, Audacity Ventures (Singapore). MBA, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (India). Previously served as Vice President – Investments, Inflection Point Ventures (India); Momepreneur, Whisk Bakes and Apples and Bananas (India); Research Analyst, Networth Securities (India); Assistant Manager – Proprietary Fund, Money Matters Securities (India); Associate – Credit Research, Bank of America (India); and Trader, Karvy Stock Broking (India). B.A. in Management Studies, University of Bombay (Bombay, India).
Huge Global MediaTech Market
(1) Grand View Research – Video Game Market Size – 2022-2030
(2) VdoCipher – Content Creator Economy Growth and other Statistics Report – 220820
(3) Polaris Market Research – Content Services Platform Market Share Segment Forecast – 2022-2030
(4) statista – Digital Markets Insights – Digital Media – Video Games – Worldwide – 230210
(5) GlobalData – GlobalData Plc – Tech Giants Dominate the Adtech Industry – 220512
(6) GlobeNewswire – Industry Research – MarTech Market Size 2022-2027 – 221107
(7) Cision PR Newswire – Broadcast and Media Technology Global Market Report 2022 – 230124
India’s Economy is Rapidly Expanding – Driven by Young/Skilled IT
(8) Morgan Stanley – The New India – Why This is India’s Decade – 221031
(9) The Economic Times – India has second highest number of Internet users after China – 190926
(10) CNBCTV – These 10 countries have the highest number of internet users in 2022 – 221029