Venture Capital Fund – Minority & Female Early Stage Tech Companies
Ozone X is seeking $150 million for its venture capital fund investing in early stage minority and female-owned tech and ESG companies.
- Back top-performing, underrepresented founders
- Minority and female owned/managed businesses are underserved by the venture capital community
- Limited competition for investments – supporting attractive valuations
- Invest in Seed and Series A
- tech companies with bold missions, ready for scale
- ESG companies, including sustainability, health, education and employment
- Led by team of investors, operators and founders with significant experience and excellent track records – strong networks
Strategy – Arbitrage Unwarranted Human Bias
- First Round – Woman co-founded companies outperformed companies founded by men by 63% as measured by valuation
- Kauffman Foundation – Private technology companies led by women are more capital-efficient
- achieving 35% higher ROI
- when venture-backed, 12% higher revenue than startups run by men
- BCG – Businesses founded by women deliver higher revenue (>2x as much per dollar invested) than those founded by men
- Pitchbook – Women led startups are faster to exit – 6.4 years (< average of 7.4 years)
- Investment size in companies co/founded by women averaged less than half than companies founded by men ($0.94 million vs $2.10 million)
- Women-led startups were awarded 2.8% of Venture Capital in 2019
|INVEST EARLY (SEED and SERIES A) AND WITH CONVICTION|
CREATE A TOP-PERFORMING, DIVERSIFIED PORTFOLIO
INVEST 80% IN WOMEN AND MINORITY LED COMPANIES
Jacques-Philippe Piverger, Co-founder & Managing Partner
20+ years Executive at $100 Billion+ funds, Serial Founder. Graduate of Georgetown. Dartmouth MBA.
Lea Bajc, Co-founder & Partner
Tech investor and entrepreneur. Harvard MBA. HEC MsC, Stockholm School of Economics, Kaufman Fellow.
Caen Contee, Co-founder & Partner
Founding team at Lime, angel investor & advisor. Graduate of Dartmouth College.